The articles, the opinions, the stories, the poems and the cartoons Ovi magazine covers for Sunday September 25th, 2022 – Comic Book Day
Comic Book Day has been created so that fans of comic books can enjoy and pay tribute to this form of entertainment. This day gives avid comic book fans, as well as average citizens, the perfect opportunity to read a comic book, no matter whether this is something that a person would usually do or not.
YESHUA by David Sparenberg
Standing in the hush of the nave, I looked at him. The gentle beauty of his face all but ruined by extraordinary suffering, the long enduring of extreme pain. His large, dark, emotionally expressive eyes penetrated flesh and bone.
Words fail before what humbles the soul and leaves a witness forever questioning. It is difficult beyond reason to be before a survivor of atrocity and to know what could, what should, what can be said, and what cannot.
Somehow, I found voice and asked, “After so much is taken, so many seeking to be excused from themselves, expecting a miracle, what is your need? What do you hope for, or should I say, what is your prayer?”
Continue reading HERE!
Offering #poem by Abigail George
“I think of high school girls. Perfect days,
and prefects, playing first team hockey,
art and the debating team. Being on the
Quiz team, appearing in the newspaper. Saying
things before thinking about what you
were about to say. I think of how composed
the silent twig and the miracle of Hamlet
was. How stranded and ambushed I felt
sometimes. The useless loneliness of being
abandoned, swimming in the pool and galas.”
Continue reading HERE!
Ma-Siri & Alexa #42 #cartoon by Thanos Kalamidas
For more Ma-Siri & Alexa, HERE!
For more Ovi Cartoons, HERE!
Ovi magazine
We cover every issue!



No comments:
Post a Comment