Sunday, September 24

Cartoons in Ovi magazine

For the last issue of the daily Ovi magazine among others we have a cover about cartoons. Cartoons have been my all time thing. When I get a newspaper or a magazine the first thing I look for is the cartoons.

In Ovi magazine we have a series of mainly strip cartoons, starting with the worms, then life undercover and the showbizz and of course many others!

The worms’ family strip was my first strip cartoon to be published back in early 80s in a monthly magazine then weekly. Later the same decade while working for a daily newspaper I was asked to draw a …frog for an article. I did the sketch but then I found out that the frog I had drawn looked more like a dinosaur, you see I wanted to make a frog that could walk and act like a human. That’s how Dino started and in the first ideas I did he was in a lab where a scientist was psychoanalyzing him!



, , &

No comments: