Friday, April 25

Sarkozy admits he made mistakes

French President Nicolas Sarkozy has said that he probably made mistakes in his first year in office by failing to explain his policies sufficiently.

But in a live TV interview he also defended his presidency, saying he was still committed to significant reform. Correspondents say publicity over his private life and the limited impact of his reforms on the struggling economy has damaged Mr. Sarkozy's popularity.

The prime time broadcast has been seen as an attempt to reverse that slump. Appearing on France's two main television channels in a live 10-minute interview, Mr. Sarkozy said: "Without doubt, we didn't explain enough. Without doubt, I myself made some mistakes… I can see very well that there is discontent, but I also know where I am going and I am convinced there is no other strategy."

Oh man, was Carla a mistake or he means other kind of mistakes?


No comments: